The Spanner™ Prostatic Stent opens the urethra as it passes through the prostate, this allows patients to increase urine flow and experience normal urination by reducing urethral resistance within the prostate.
The Spanner is simple to insert and remove in the urology office with blind placement and without visualization cystoscopy. The Spanner is FDA cleared and has a dedicated CPT code.
- Permits bladder and sphincter to achieve normal urination
- Improves urination efficiency by decreasing urine left in the bladder
- Reduces time to bacterial colonization versus Foley catheter
- Well tolerated by patients, improves symptom scores
- Greatly preferred by patients over catheterization
*FDA Approved Indications For Use
The Spanner is intended for temporary use (up to 30 days) to maintain urine flow and allow voluntary urination in patients following minimally invasive treatment for benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and after initial post-treatment catheterization.